Friday, September 18, 2015

Five Minute Friday:: Celebrate

GO

I can't help but notice the decorations that are creeping into the stores for the upcoming holiday season and normally I would be as giddy as all the other 'pumpkin everything' loving girls...

Not this year...

There is a change in the atmosphere in our home. Something, no someOne is whispering it in our hearts-

"My Holy Days are steeped in richness and beauty, come let me show you how to really celebrate and rejoice."

And just like that we are preparing to celebrate the most joyous feast of the year, the Feast of Tabernacles.

I can't help but hold back tears as I read in the Old Testament the commands for celebrating these feasts and then, oh and then, how they have been fulfilled or will one day be fulfilled in the New Testament. It takes my breath away.

The last several years, while we were celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas and Easter, no matter how hard I tried to make these holidays about Him, I found myself, no I found Him pulling me away little by little. Each year he whispered to me, it's ok to celebrate with your family and friends but I have more for you.

What did that mean?

Well, we are about to dive head first into these feasts and I hope to share with you more about our celebrations...

STOP



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com